Cyrille HUCHON, MD, PhD is currently professor in the Department of Gynaecological Surgery at Lariboisiere & Saint-Louis hospitals (APHP, Paris University). His clinical practice is focused on gynecologic & breast cancer with specific expertise in minimal invasive surgery & HIPEC. He is the general secretary of the French Society of Gynecologic and Pelvic Surgery (SCGP).
Martin KOSKAS, MD, PhD is currently professor in the Department of Gynaecological Surgery at Bichat (APHP, Paris University). His clinical practice is focused on endometrial cancer with expertise in minimal invasive surgery (particularly robotic surgery). He founded and now chairs the French Registry for fertility preservation in endometrial cancer and atypical hyperplasia.
STRENGTHS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
Health Care organization is leaded by Bichat & Lariboisière Hospitals within our Cancer Institute, for the surgical management of pelvic cancers. These 2 lead centers have a volume activity achieving the lead in the gynecologic cancers in the North of Paris and its suburbs, where the population is characterized by a high rate of social and economical deprivation. These two centers are managing the weekly joint tumor multidisciplinary board (TMB) in collaboration with the oncology and radiotherapy departments of Saint-Louis & Louis-Mourier hospitals.
This Multidisciplinary Tumor Board involving Bichat, Lariboisière, Beaujon, Louis-Mourier and Saint-Louis hospitals includes Pathologists, Radiologists, Gynecologic surgeons, Nuclear physician, Medical oncologist (from Bichat and St-Louis), radiation therapists (from St-Louis) and coordination nurse.
We also participate to the regional Ile-de-France reference specialized MTBs for specific tumors or pathology specialized groups:
- TMRG: Observatory of rare malignant gynecologic tumors (https://www.ovaire-rare.org)
- PATHGYN: Pathology reference group from expert centers in gynecologic oncology (https://www.ovaire-rare.org/LesCentresExperts/PathologistesExperts.aspx)
- Sarcoma Regional reference TMB: RCP de recours sarcomes
- PREFERE: National reference center for conservative treatments of endometrial cancers (http://hupnvs.aphp.fr › centre-prefere)
Strengths of this organization is the population density of this North Paris area (# 2 millions inhabitants), the expertise in gynecologic oncology surgery, including laparoscopic and robotic skills. This organization aims to be accredited by the European Society of Gynecologic Oncology.
Bichat Hospital is the national referral center for fertility preservation in endometrial cancer (PREFERE: http://hupnvs.aphp.fr › centre-prefere).
Participation to national guidelines
- National recommendations for the management of cervical cancer 2022
- National recommendations for the management of vulvar cancer 2021
- National recommendations for the management of ovarian cancer 2018
- National recommendations for the management of borderline ovarian tumors 2019
Lariboisiere hospital is responsible for the practice training in surgery for the residents in gynecologic surgery of Ile de France.
Active participation to the national training program in surgery (Junior Masterclass) under the SCGP (Société de Chirurgie Gynécologique et Pelvienne) supervision.
Active participation to ENITEC (European Network of Individual Treatment in Endometrial Cancer)