Pr Béatrix BARRY, is Head of the ENT and Head&Neck Surgery department at Bichat Hospital since February 2007, President of the Société Française de carcinologie cervico-faciale (SFCCF) since 2013 and Vice-President since 2020. She holds a complementary diploma (additional exercise right) in Oncology – option cancer surgery (2015).
Pr Philippe HERMAN, is a Otolaryngologist, Professor and Chairman at Lariboisiere Hospital, University of Paris. He also chairs the Neuroscience Department. Also he is still involved in Otology after a PhD based on Middle Ear Physiology, his current research interests are rhinology and Anterior Skull Base Surgery.
STRENGTHS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- The care pathway has very reasonable waiting times from the first consultation to medical or surgical treatment (median 10 days for the first appointment, less than 1 month for surgery, median 15 days for histological analysis of whole surgical specimens).
- The volume of activity: 32% of AP-HP
- Tumor board common to 3 HN departments with participation of oncologists and radiologists from Saint-Louis hospital
- UMR 1149 (1CCA 1 master)
- INSERM U1141 (Pr Herman Verillaud, Adle Biassette)
- Coordination of 1 DIU (chirurgie endoscopique de la base du crane (Pr HERMAN) ;
- French (INCA) Guidelines coordination: referential for the treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in adults (on going – Pr BARRY).